Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pasta, pasta.....and more pasta


One of the downfalls of living and cooking on your own is that if I go out and spent the money on ingredients for a decent recipe, I feel that I need to eat all of it. Why can't they sell more things in single sized portions? For instance, salad. When I want a salad, I would like to enjoy it maybe one evening or two with my meal...not everyday until the leaves turn slimy and green. One trick I use is to make a big portion and then freeze the rest. Those that know me might remember the time I made lasagna while living at Centennial Village in Raleigh and ate it for nearly a month.

On to the point of this post, I made spaghetti, with Bertolli mushroom and garlic sauce, added extra fresh mushrooms and green pepper and some grated parmesan that was on sale in the cheese section. With that I had a salad with romaine lettuce, sesame seeds, and the new ginger dressing I bought from the sushi section of Kroger (note: it does not taste like Japanese restaurant ginger dressing at all). Final addition was the Hawaiian King bread MMMMMMM. and, voila, had my dinner. And to prove my point below I will post a picture of the exact same dinner I had 2 nights later.

1 comment: