Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Colonnade


I recently went to eat at the Colonnade. It's a southern food restaurant that was featured on the Food Network's Diner's, Drive-in's, and Dives a long time ago. (http://www.colonnadeatl.com/) My dad had been wanting to eat there ever since I moved to Atlanta, so my parents came to visit last weekend and it's the first place we went. I had the vegetable plate with sweet potato casserole, macaroni, loaded mashed potatos, and okra. The most surprising thing about the restaurant was how AMAZING the dinner rolls were, they must have been homemade. I went on a Friday night and it was pretty crowded- my parents noted that no one looked southern even though it is a southern fried food restaurant in a southern city....that's how things go a lot of times in Atlanta. The food was very good, but make sure you bring cash! They don't take checks or credit cards. We almost sent my dad out on an ATM search, but luckily they have one in the lobby. Great food, atmosphere is like a family style restaurant, nothing swanky, but makes it's point. A great place to go for a ton of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment