Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mr. P's Bistro






Last night mom, dad, pa, nanie and I ate at Mr. P's Bistro in Southport, NC. We were out to celebrate mom's birthday again. The 4th of July celebration was going on in Southport so we walked to the waterfront and listened to some live music before dinner. Mr. P's was a cute little restaurant that was a short walk away from the water. I had a caesar salad and soup that had a REALLY long name. I can't even remember it now but it was some sort of seafood okra gumbo. Now that I write that I don't remember seeing any okra in it. The caesar salad was very good, but the soup was advertised as spicy and it ended up being pretty bland and wasn't served hot. Pa and Nanie got prime rib and mom and dad shared a seafood platter. Maybe I should have stuck with ordering something the restaurant is known for like seafood or steak. After dinner we walked down the street and ordered icecream. Mine was vanilla with a butter pecan swirl.

Tomorrow is the Southport 4th of July parade, which is the largest military parade in the state for the 4th of July. I want to go, but will be driving back to Atlanta tomorrow. I'm having a great time at the beach and spent all day down on the beach. The weather was unseasonably cool yesterday but back to being hot today. I am not looking forward to leaving tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment