Monday, May 31, 2010

The Rest of My Trader Joe's Loot

First of all, here's my patriotic lunch for Memorial Day, with Trader Joe's Red, White, and Blue Tortilla Chips. I was excited to find the guacamole that comes in 2 trays so you can use one at a time. It was too salty though and did not come anywhere near comparing to my favorite guacamole (the one Cassandra makes). I was also hopeful about the Salsa Verde, but no salsa Verde will ever be as good as my host mom's in Cuernavaca, Mexico. I've been searching for 3 years ever since I left and forgot her recipe. No luck yet.



Here's the rest of the awesome stuff I bought! Some highlights are the orange cream soda, the Tarte de Champignons (mushroom pizza basically), huge carton of blackberries for $3.99, the best yogurt I've ever tasted (blueberries & cream and vanilla & cream), risotto with asparagus tips, & salmon stuffed with crabmeat.



Here we have the all natural creamy rootbeer, roasted vegetable lasagna, spicy scallops with mushrooms, & my assortment of breakfast energy bars.



Some of what you couldn't see was a spring mix, olive oil and vinegar for my salad dressing, a walnut and maple crunch cereal, raspberry sparkling water, lemonade, fusili pasta, chocolate wafers (they look like pringles!), and San Francisco style sourdough bread. I'm going to be eating good this week!

2 comments:

  1. i <3 cliff bars..i only had ONE left at the office..but i totally am taking it with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried cookies & cream luna bars? amazing!

    ReplyDelete