Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cancun Roll

This was the inaugural use of my hand painted sushi plate. The Cancun roll from Thaicoon was a perfect way to start using it. This is my favorite roll at Thaicoon and they only have it in the summer when mangos are ripe. Yep, that's mango on top. I made the plate at Wired and Fired in Virginia Highlands (http://www.wiredfired.com/). Cassie, Cassandra, Whitney, Ana and I went there last week and had a good time painting and hanging out. The only thing I don't like about that studio is that they charge you for studio time, which made me feel like I needed to rush and didn't do as much detail as I might hae done otherwise. It made me want to take an art class again where you come back each day or week and have time to think about how you want to change and add to your project without being rushed.


I also want to add that this plate is NOT Carolina Blue. It is turquoise and much brighter in person.

2 comments:

  1. CANCUN roll on YOUR authentic sushi plate! :) i LOVE it...CANCUN summer 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now you want cancun and not cabo? lol

    ReplyDelete