Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cellar 56

Tonight was an amazing girls night out. We went to dinner at Cellar 56 in Buckhead. It's a tapas and wine bar. http://www.cellar56.com/. I had the sautee of wild mushrooms with locatelli polenta, crock of mussels with grilled ciabatta, and jumbo lump crabmeat with avocado and grapefruit mojo. I had read that the portions could be small even for tapas, but was pleasantly surprised with the sizes of what I ordered, especially the mussels. The ciabatta with the sauce that the mussels came in was delicious and so were the sauteed mushrooms. My favorite would have to be the crabmeat with avocado. It was served cold with tortilla strips and was surprisingly refreshing and I loved the fruit flavor from the grapefruit even though I don't like grapefruit.

Most surprising was that the tapas were incredibly delicous but not overpriced. They ranged from $4.50 to $6.50 with most people ordering between 2 and 5 dishes. I ordered 3 myself and was very full.

I will be uploading pictures from dinner tomorrow if they did not turn out too dark. The lighting was very dim in the restaurant. I read a review the other day that stated that a lack of flash on the type of phone I have was an "unfortunate omission" and I agree.
(Update 7/1: I forgot that I hadn't posted the pictures yet and deleted them from my phone! Oh no! This gives me an excuse to go eat there again hehehe.)

After our wonderful dinner experience, Ana, Whitney, Cassandra and I headed to the St. Regis in Buckhead and hung out at their bar for an hour or so. It was a rather swanky experience. It definitely made me eager to finish grad school and get a job so I can do things like this more often! It was not the lifestyle of a graduate student for sure. I would love to stay at the St. Regis sometime. Just being there made me so happy. It was magnificent. I'm going to add some pictures so you can imagine how nice it was.
This is where I wish I was staying instead of my apartment right now!
I just love all the white in the lobby. Everything was pristine and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment