Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thaicoon Sushi


I had a shrimp tempura roll from Thaicoon the other night for dinner. I called and asked if they had any specials - they said no. Then when I went to pick up my roll it said CANCUN ROLL on the specials sign! That's my favorite!!!!! I am going to have to order it within the week. It has mango on top with shrimp, crab, asparagus and avocado inside.

**I always add cream cheese to the shrimp tempura roll. I'm not a big tempura person so I need something to balance it out. If I could get non-fried shrimp put inside I would definitely choose that instead. I need to design my own roll and submit it to all my favorite sushi places. I have a very specific vision in mind about what would make the BEST roll. Crab stick, crab salad (only if its a good kind without funky mayo), the tiniest bit of tempura flake, cream cheese, avocado, asparagus, shrimp and mango on top with eel sauce, sesame seeds, and a bit of that orangey special sauce they always have at sushi places (again only if its one of the varieties I like, not too thousand island tasting).

No comments:

Post a Comment